CORNELIO TUTU BAND
The Cornelio Tutu Band was founded by Kornel Juhasz – under the artist name of Cornelio Tutu – guitarist and composer, in 2003, Budapest, Hungary. From 2003-2010 the band's style was mainly instrumental latin-funk-jazz, or contemporary jazz. The first album (Keep Playing 2004) received great international reviews, and soon the band could play on numerous Hungarian and international jazz festivals, among others in the USA and India. The song called Unlimited from the first album was selected to a collection album released by the Radio Jazzy, Hungary, in 2007. This album got a Hungarian ‘Gold Record’ award.
From 2011 to the end of 2012, the band played with a new line up, a new vocal concept with two singers, and a brass section. The band released its second album in 2012, from which the song called ‘Curved Mirror’ won the first prize on the song competition organized by Radio Jazzy, in 2011, and also was awarded for the best instrumentation.
Festivals we played on (2004-2012):
- Margitszigeti Szabadtéri Színpad 2012, Budapest, Hungary.
- Múzeumok Éjszakája/Vajdahunyadvár 2012, Budapest, Hungary.
- Ars Hungarica Festival 2011, Sibiu - Nagyszeben, Romania
- SzeptEmber Feszt 2010, Budapest, Hungary
- Zsámbék Jazz Open 2009, Zsámbék, Hungary
- Sarteano Jazz Fest 2008, Sarteano, ITALY
- KANIZSA Nemzetközi Jazzfesztivál 2008, Nagykanizsa, Hungary
- MOL Jazz Fesztivál 2008, Budapest, Hungary
- Transilvania Jazz Fest 2007, Cluj Napoce - Kolozsvár, Romania
- Debrecen International Jazz Fest 2007, Debrecen, Hungary
- Rochester International Jazz Festival 2007, Rochester, USA
- Ars Hungarica Festival 2007, Sibiu - Nagyszeben, Romania
- Calcutta Jazz Fest (Congo Square JazzFest) 2007, Kolkata, India
- Concert in Delhi 2007, India
- Festival de Jazz Villa de Posadas 2007, Cordoba, Spain
- Idill Nemzetközi Jazz és Blues Feszt 2006, Baja, Hungary
- Budapesi Nyári Fesztivál 2006, Budapest, Hungary
- International Massimo Urbani Award 2006, Camerino, ITALY
- MUSIKMESSE 2006, Frankfurt, Germany
- Budapest Jazz Feszt 2005, Budapest, Hungary
- Zempléni Fesztivál 2005, Sárospatak, Hungary
- MUSIKMESSE 2005, Frankfurt, Germany
- A38, 2004 és 2008, Budapest, Hungary
Cornelio Tutu (Kornél Juhász) – guitar, Zoltán Oláh – keyboards, Péter – bass guitar, Ferenc Csomós – drums, István Perger 'Guszty' - percussion.
Between 2003-2010 the following artists also performed with the band: Bea Tisza, Attila László, Gábor Szendi, László Hunyadi, Berci Temesi, Veronika Harcsa, Nikoletta Szőke, Dóri Behumi, Péter Szendőfi, József Horváth 'Pluto', Susana Raya, Dwayne Dolphin, Steve Rudolph.
Viki Singh - vocal, Tímea Horváth – vocal, Cornelio Tutu (Kornél Juhász) - guitar, Szandra Miseta – keyboards, Gábor Cseke - keyboards, Gergő Kovács – bass guitar, Arnold Vígh – bass guitar, Balázs Potesz – drums, László Hortobágyi – drums, Ferenc Schreck – trombone, Gábor Skerlecz – trombone, Mátyás Papp – trombone, Csaba Puskás – trumpet, Áron Koós-Hutás – trumpet, Gergő Varga – saxophone, Tamás Meleg – saxophone.
Lyrics: Dalnok, Ági Szabó, Márta Vörös.